Wednesday 15 September 2010

vintage hats



Laquered lace eye shield

John-Frederics chantilly lace nose veil


I have been doing some research into vintage hats, particularly veiled ones, for my first project at college. We have to make some sort of garment/textiles product out of mainly plastic bags as some sort of comment on climate-change and sustainability and all that other garb. We had to choose one or two words from a list as a starting point for our ideas/research. My words were 'reveal' and 'secret'. I'm thinking some sort of beret type thing with an elaborate veil (a la Piers Atkinson) would be pretty fitting. 

I have discovered an interest in millinery that I never knew I had, which is quite good, and I think I am guna do pretty well in this unit. I hope so anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment